- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
A-hunting we will go
Easter egg hunts scheduled countywide this weekend.
It’s that time of year again.
Time for children to dust off their Easter baskets and go on an egg hunt.
While some families host their own egg hunts, local organizations and churches are hosting Easter egg hunts of their own.
Here’s a list of several Kitsap County Easter egg hunts scheduled for this weekend.
• Forest Ridge Health & Rehabilitation Center in Bremerton will host its annual spring bazaar from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and the annual Easter egg hunt is scheduled to kick off at 2:30 p.m. Sunday. The egg hunt is for children ages 11 and younger.
Forest Ridge Health & Rehabilitation Center is located at 140 S. Marion Ave. in Bremerton.
• The Bremerton Elks No. 1181 is hosting its annual Easter egg hunt at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the Bremerton Elks Lodge. The event is open to toddlers to 10-year-olds. The Bremerton Elks egg hunt also has a “special people” section. Children will hunt for 2,000 real dyed eggs, 4,000 plastic prize eggs and 12 golden eggs good for a special basket. Children are required to bring their own hunting baskets. Local Girl and Boy Scout troops will assist with parking.
The Bremerton Elks Lodge is located at 4131 Pine Road.
• Olympic Evangelical Free Church will host an Easter egg hunt for children 12 and younger at 10 a.m. tomorrow. Carolyn Chapin, with Olympic Evangelical Free Church, said the church is partnering with Cornerstone Alliance Church and Keyport Bible Church to put on the Easter egg hunt.
“If it goes well we’d like to continue to do it every year,” she said.
Chapin said they have at least 500 plastic candy-filled eggs ready to be hunted down by children.
“We’re hoping to have 100 kids or so,” Chapin said.
Crafts and storytelling also will be available at the Easter egg hunt.
Olympic Evangelical Free Church is located at 14861 Silverdale Way near the Keyport Junction.
• The Poulsbo Lions and Poulsbo-NK Rotary clubs are sponsoring the 15th annual Easter candy hunt scheduled for 10 a.m. tomorrow at Raab Park in Poulsbo. Special areas will be divided by age groups for ages 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8 and 9-11. The children will hunt for candy and plastic eggs that can be redeemed for prizes.
• West Sound Community Church will host its annual Easter egg hunt at 11 a.m. tomorrow for children up to sixth grade. People who show up early can register for a chance to win 30 door prizes including a $100 Wal-Mart gift certificate, an 18-speed bicycle, restaurant gift cards and 24 stuffed Easter baskets.
West Sound Community Church is located at 2356 Rude Road in Poulsbo.
Port Orchard (BOLD)
• Rodstol Lane Farm will host its spring eggt hunt from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. tomorrow. There will be activities for all ages including egg hunts, games, face painting, storytime, coloring, planting sunflowers and visiting barnyard animals. The event costs $5 per person or $20 per family. Reservations are required. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 509-2119.
Rodstol Lane Farm is located at 4154 Rodstol Lane SE in Port Orchard.