- About Us
- posted Feb 24, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Weavers create beautiful things, and they stay fit doing it.
- posted Mar 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM— updated Mar 25, 2012 at 7:32 AM
North Kitsap photographer Steven Kazlowski brings home the splendor of the Alaskan Arctic
- posted Mar 8, 2012 at 2:42 PM— updated Mar 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Jim Curry brings tribute concert to Bremerton March 18.
- posted Mar 16, 2012 at 12:45 PM— updated Mar 16, 2012 at 2:47 PM
County lacks workers, so Kingston resident takes site's care into his own hands
- posted Mar 23, 2012 at 10:05 AM
During World War I and World War II, they helped the Allied forces by selling defense bonds, growing victory gardens, and collecting waste fat and scrap iron. They welcomed people of color into their ranks and were described by Martin Luther King Jr. as “a force for desegregation.” They helped girls of all backgrounds develop skills that made them self-reliant and resourceful, and encouraged them to prepare for roles as professional women and for active citizenship outside the home. Girl Scouts have always been tough cookies, pushing for social change in America since Juliette Gordon Low founded the organization in 1912.
- posted Mar 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Markets are a treat for the senses and the table: a look at Kitsap's Farmers Markets
- posted Apr 5, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Children share the spotlight and perpetuate culture at powwows.
- posted Apr 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
With the third-largest concentration of naval forces in the United States, the Puget Sound has a deep Navy history spanning generations.
- posted Apr 19, 2012 at 3:23 PM— updated Apr 21, 2012 at 5:34 PM
In 108 years, Vinland Lutheran Church has survived a fire and a century of change. Now, the congregation ushers in a new century armed with shovels and faith.
- posted Apr 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Social media is driving a boost to local businesses
- posted May 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Northwest Freedom Riders benefit hospice care as thanks.
- posted May 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM— updated May 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Get in touch with your inner Norwegian at Poulsbo’s annual celebration May 18-20 .
- posted May 24, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Memorial Day is May 28, a time to remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice on the battlefield. For Sarah Blum, who served in Vietnam as an Army nurse, her memories of the fallen are a motivation for her work helping the living.
- posted May 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Three famous gardens open their doors to the public
- posted Jun 8, 2012 at 9:40 AM
She’s retiring from the stage, but not from making people laugh
- posted Jun 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM
A look at some of the creations at the Mini-Maker Faire
- posted Jun 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM
The sun’s out, or at least as much as it will be in Kitsap County. If your son or daughter (or niece or nephew) is looking for a new experience this summer, explore a local summer camp.
- posted Jun 22, 2012 at 8:21 AM
The Compassionate Friends (TCF), a bereaved parent support group, will benefit from a performance of "Rabbit Hole," a Pulitzer Prize winning play, at 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 23, at the Bremerton Community Theater, located at 599 Lebo Blvd. in Bremerton. Tickets will be available at the door.
- posted Jun 22, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Health officials warn Whooping Cough still a threat
- posted Jun 27, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Washington state continues to see record numbers of Whooping Cough cases and officials are urging the public to follow safety precautions and stay current on vaccinations.
- posted Jun 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM— updated Jul 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM
Get ready for a star-spangled midweek: Two days of celebrations planned in Kitsap communities
- posted Jul 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM— updated Jul 20, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Northwest College of Art & Design celebrates a milestone.
- posted Jul 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM— updated Jul 13, 2012 at 10:59 AM
The territory of the Squaxin Island Tribe is the final destination of this year’s Canoe Journey, but each stop along the way is as important as the next.
- posted Jul 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Five friends will walk a 50-mile Olympic Mountains trail to raise awareness of, and money for, pediatric brain tumor research.
- posted Jul 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Kitsap photographer Martin Bydalek’s greeting card images put the ‘here’ in ‘Wish you were here.’