- About Us
- posted Aug 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM
‘Battle tested’ ball players arrive in Kitsap for a Babe Ruth League World Series.
- posted Aug 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM— updated Aug 17, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Clear your calendar for the Babe Ruth World Series, Chief Seattle Days, Poulsbo Arts Festival, Silverdale 3 on 3 Shootout, and the County Fair.
- posted Aug 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Grammy winner George Winston’s Sept. 8 concert will benefit Gateway Fellowship’s ‘Operation Day of Hope’
- posted Aug 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM— updated Aug 31, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Magic Carpet Ride, comprised of former members of Steppenwolf, headline at the Americana Music Festival in Poulsbo Sept. 8.
- posted Sep 6, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Thanks to the Kathleen Sutton Fund, women can concentrate on healing, and not worry about how they’ll get to treatment.
- posted Sep 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM— updated Sep 14, 2012 at 5:07 PM
Bob Lee of Illinois takes his causes to the streets and highways of the west.
- posted Sep 21, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Celebrate the industry that put Port Gamble on the map.
- posted Sep 27, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Former Poulsbo woman’s film tells the true story of three young Germans who stood against the Nazis
- posted Oct 4, 2012 at 2:35 PM— updated Oct 17, 2012 at 10:37 AM
As Poulsbo’s First Lutheran Church hosts its 100th anniversary lutefisk dinner, there are some things volunteers want you to know about this delicacy.
- posted Oct 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM
The Bremerton Symphony prepares for its 70th season of performing some of the most beautiful music ever written.
- posted Oct 14, 2012 at 10:31 AM— updated Oct 14, 2012 at 10:15 PM
A Kitsap County man who committed four bank robberies, as well as multiple espresso stand robberies, was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Tacoma to 13 years in prison, announced U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan.
- posted Oct 16, 2012 at 2:52 PM— updated Oct 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Community rallies around Vinland Elementary School student diagnosed with rare form of leukemia
- posted Oct 21, 2012 at 10:47 AM
A Whatcom County man who had his wife and children transport and hide more than 18 kilos of cocaine in his storage unit was sentenced to ten years in prison today in U.S. District Court in Seattle, announced U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan.
- posted Oct 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM
The U.S. leader of an international drug smuggling ring was sentenced today in U.S. District Court in Seattle to 15 years in prison and five years of supervised release for conspiracy to distribute controlled substances and conspiracy to commit money laundering, announced U.S. Attorney Jenny A. Durkan. Jacob Saul Stuart, 39, of Kirkland, Washington, pleaded guilty in November 2011, following his arrest on April 28, 2011.
- posted Oct 21, 2012 at 4:22 PM
There is always some abandoned object lying around the house: an emptied box, half-full glasses of water or lunch containers, mail brought in and never sorted. I get tired of being the pick-up queen, so often I’ll ignore said objects hoping the originating owner will take care of it.
- posted Oct 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM— updated Oct 26, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Three casts of actors put a lot of time, and a lot of ambition, into Kitsap Children’s Musical Theatre production of ‘Cinderella.'
- posted Oct 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM
If convicted, defendant faces mandatory minimum 15 years in prison.
- posted Oct 29, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Average retail gasoline prices in Seattle have fallen 13.4 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.84/g yesterday. This compares with the national average that has fallen 9.6 cents per gallon in the last week to $3.56/g, according to gasoline price website SeattleGasPrices.com.
- posted Nov 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Annual self-guided tour gives residents a rare look at artists’ places of creation and inspiration
- posted Nov 8, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Donated treasures will benefit Kitsap women, Nov. 17, at Poulsbo Library.
- posted Nov 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM
“Pied Piper”figure coordinated sales of hundreds of pounds of hallucinogenic mushrooms.
- posted Nov 10, 2012 at 11:52 AM
The WSDOT Northwest Region construction updates have been posted for next week. You will find all of our construction and maintenance projects
- posted Nov 10, 2012 at 12:00 PM— updated Nov 12, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Defendant arrested as part of White Center “Hot Spot” initiative
- posted Nov 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Before the campaign promises of more jobs and renewed prosperity fade away, elected officials need to understand that those promises must be kept.
- posted Nov 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
At 4:30 pm on Sunday, Nov. 11, two snowboarders, ages 20 and 21, called 911 to report that they had become lost in a winter storm while descending from Camp Muir in Mount Rainier National Park.