News

No injuries in Manette blaze that claimed two houses

A candle was blamed for a blaze that destroyed two houses near Manette Tuesday. - Lynsi Burton/Staff Photo
A candle was blamed for a blaze that destroyed two houses near Manette Tuesday.
— image credit: Lynsi Burton/Staff Photo

An unattended candle was blamed for a early Tuesday morning blaze that destroyed two houses near Manette.

No one was injured in the fire on the 1700 block of Jacobsen Boulevard, but after starting in one residence it spread to another house, destroying three vehicles as well, according to a statement from Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue.

Downed power lines in the front yard of the residence hampered firefighters battling the fire, which took two hours to extinguish. Property damage is estimated at $180,000 for the two homes and three vehicles.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Nov 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates