- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Navy Yard City fire destroys mobile home
Faulty wiring by a clothes dryer caused a mobile home fire in Navy Yard City Wednesday afternoon that left its residents without a home.
At about 4:40 p.m., firefighters from the Bremerton Fire Department and South Kitsap Fire and Rescue were called to the 2600 block of West F Street and found flames coming out of both side of the back of the house, Bremerton Battalion Chief David Moen said. Residents evacuated the mobile home and there were no injuries.
The fire was extinguished in about 20 minutes.
As of Wednesday evening, the South Kitsap Fire and Rescue chaplain was searching for a place for the displaced residents to stay.