- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Burning ban enacted in Kitsap County
The Kitsap County Fire Chiefs’ Association, in conjunction with the Washington State Department of Natural Resources and the Kitsap County Fire Marshal’s Office, enacted a Phase I Outdoor Burning Ban on Thursday.
Under a Phase I Outdoor Burning Ban, outdoor burning permits are temporarily suspended and no outdoor burning is allowed except for cooking fires in contained barbecue units and recreational fires. Recreational fires are defined as:
• Fires being built in a designated fire pit space.
• They are no larger than 3 feet in diameter.
• They contain only seasoned firewood or charcoal briquettes.
• Fires are located in a space well clear of vegetation and at least 25 feet from buildings, fences or anything that might burn.
• Fires must be attended at all times by an alert adult with immediate access to a shovel and a water source.
The ban will remain in place until significant rainfall improves conditions.
For more information on outdoor burning and local restrictions, contact the Bremerton Fire Department at (360) 473-5380 or call (800) 323-BURN.