POLICE LOG Burn baby, burn

A sheriff’s deputy went to a home on Olympic Avenue in Bremerton at 11 p.m. Oct. 27 for a report of an assault.

The victim, a 17-year-old male, said he was assaulted by a 35-year-old Bremerton man at a residence in the 3600 block of McCall Boulevard in Navy Yard City.

The teen said he went there earlier in the evening with his mother. They planned to visit the suspect’s girlfriend and the two women borrowed the suspect’s truck with his permission. The teen stayed with the suspect while the women took the truck.

The teen said the suspect became increasingly intoxicated and angry while the truck was gone, which was about four hours. He met his mother and the suspect’s girlfriend at a store and the teen and his mother went to return the truck.

When they got to the residence, they discovered the front of the mini-van had been doused with gasoline. The man started throwing things at the woman and teen and blocked the door so they could not escape. The teen punched the man several times in the head, and he and the woman ran out the door to the minivan.

When the pair looked back, the man was holding a butcher knife in the air.

He was arrested and booked into jail for fourth-degree assault and outstanding warrants. His bail is set at $25,000.

No All-American Slam here

A 28-year-old Denny’s employee called police shortly after 10 p.m. Oct. 28 regarding an unwanted person at the Bremerton restaurant on Kitsap Way.

The woman said she would not go to work because there was a man inside the restaurant who videotaped her via laptop camera while she was working about two months ago and was now sitting in Denny’s. The Gig Harbor woman wanted the 48-year-old Port Orchard man removed from the restaurant.

A Bremerton Police officer arrived and met the woman in the parking lot. The Denny’s night manager said the man wasn’t trespassed from the restaurant, but was asked to leave when he taped the woman.

The officer and manager went inside and talked to the man sitting at the counter. The manager asked him to leave and he said “OK.” Once outside, the man told the officer he wasn’t trespassed, but would have left tonight if he saw her come inside. The man argued about Denny’s policies and the officer told him he didn’t work for Denny’s and he needed to leave now. The man left.

The woman said the man’s sister was still inside talking about beating her up for getting her brother thrown out of Denny’s. The officer spoke with the sister and then told the woman to get an anti-harassment order.

No arrest was made.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates