- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
State stops admissions at Bremerton adult family home
The state Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) stopped admissions to The Determann Home, a privately operated adult family home at 1715 Houston Ave. in Bremerton.
The adult family home is licensed to Sheila Determann.
The state took action after finding numerous violations that affected the safety and well-being of residents, according to a DSHS news release.
• failure to ensure two residents' negotiated care plans were reviewed and revised at least once a year;
• failure to ensure one resident's medication log was up-to-date, placing the person at risk of medication errors;
• failure to ensure one resident's medication was kept in locked storage;
• failure to ensure the use of electronic monitoring equipment including a documented agreement for a specific duration of use and a quarterly evaluation for its use, which could have resulted in a violation of a resident's right to privacy;
• failure to ensure the kitchen had adequate space for food handling and preparation and that the kitchen and appliances were kept clean;
• failure to ensure the home was kept in good repair and condition with a sanitary and home-like environment;
• failure to ensure a bedroom smoke detector was working.
While the home is in stop placement, The Determann Home licensee may not admit residents. Current residents may stay in the home pending completion of the appeal process.