- About Us
Local legislators schedule town hall meetings
Sen. Derek Kilmer (D-Gig Harbor) and Rep. Larry Seaquist (D-Gig Harbor) will meet with constituents at four town hall meetings in communities throughout the 26th Legislative District on March 14.
On the same day, the 23rd District delegation of Sen. Phil Rockefeller (D-Bainbridge Island), state Rep. Sherry Appleton (D-Poulsbo) and state Rep. Christine Rolfes (D-Bainbridge Island) will be hosting a pair of town hall meetings as well.
“We’ve got a very busy schedule at the Legislature, but I’m committed to making sure that I can spend as much time as possible in our community to participate in local events and find out what’s on the minds of my constituents,” said Kilmer of his desire to host meetings.
“While we’ve been working in Olympia to shrink the state budget, our economy has continued to crash,” Seaquist said. “I’m looking forward to hearing from our neighbors on how they think we can best weather this economic storm.”
The 23rd District events will take place at the following times and locations:
• 9:30-11 a.m. at the Kingston Fire Station, 26642 Miller Bay Road NE, Kingston.
• 1:30-3 p.m at Olympic High School (forum room), 7070 Stampede Blvd. NW in Bremerton.
The 26th District events will take place at the following times and locations:
• 9-10:30 a.m. at the Norm Dicks Government Center, 345 Sixth St. in Bremerton.
• 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the Givens Community Center, 1026 Sidney Ave. in Port Orchard.
• 2-3:30 p.m. at the Key Peninsula Civic Center, 17010 South Vaughn Road.
• 4-5:30 p.m. at Gig Harbor High School, 5101 Rosedale St. NW in Gig Harbor.