- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
BHA offering free computer courses
The Bremerton Housing Authority is offering and hosting free educational classes to the community. BHA has partnered with Kitsap Credit Union and WorkSource to offer comprehensive training opportunities, including a wide range of Microsoft software programs, financial literacy, job search skills and employee readiness.
WorkSource is offering free training vouchers until July 23 for Microsoft computer courses. The vouchers, funded through the "Elevate America" program, are part of an online training program offered by Microsoft.
To obtain a voucher, visit WorkSource's Web site at www.wa.gov/esd/elevateamerica/.
Participants can use BHA's new computer lab, located at 110 Russell Road in Bremerton, and log into their accounts and complete the coursework.
The following classes require registration no later than July 23:
• Microsoft Office Word 2003 and Excel 2003: weekly class
• Microsoft Office Word 2007 and Excel 2007: weekly class
• Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 and Outlook 2003: weekly class
• Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 and Outlook 2007: weekly class
• Introduction to Windows XP and Windows Vista: one-day class
In addition, BHA is offering the following courses:
• Windows and Office Basics: one-day class
• Introduction to Computers: three-day class
• Computer Fundamentals: one-day class
• Computer Intermediary: one-day class
• Web Development: weekly class
• Publisher Development: weekly class
BHA also is hosting the following free courses:
• Credit and Financial Literacy: classes every Thursday taught by Kitsap Federal Credit Union
• WorkSource Job Search and Employee Readiness
For more information, contact Morgan Hein at (360) 616-7153 or e-mail email@example.com.