- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Jack-o-lantern sparks East Bremerton blaze
A jack-o-lantern sparked a fire at an East Bremerton apartment complex Sunday, Nov. 1, according to Central Kitsap Fire & Rescue.
The pumpkin was sitting at a front entryway at the Griffin Glen Apartments on Mariah Lane in East Bremerton when the candle inside it burned through the building's siding and caught fire around 1:30 a.m.
Fire crews responded and found heavy smoke coming from the second floor and numerous residents had evacuated the building, according to CKFR. A resident had extinguished the blaze before firefighters arrived.
CKFR crews pulled down siding in search of hot spots.
CKFR estimates the damage to be $3,500. There was possible smoke damage to four apartments, with three tenants displaced.